Thursday, June 7, 2018

7 Weeks

Our time in this beautiful, wonderful country is drawing to a close. Last week we went to what may be our last zone conference. As we sat there, we marveled at the Spirit that is felt in those meetings. President Cummings and his wife are always prepared with such touching, wise counsel and our interviews with the President after the conference always makes us feel so loved and appreciated.


While we were in Hamilton, our Stake presidency wanted to thank us for our service and take us out to dinner so we met with President Anderson and his wife, President Hamon and his wife and Elder and Sister Mumford at a Chinese restaurant called Victor’s Place. Our table was a big round one with a lazy Susan in the middle so we each ordered a dish and all shared. We had great food and even better company.


We intended to stay for a few days but once we get away from our home we seem to just think it would be great to get back. So, although we had driven there on Tuesday, we came back on Wednesday. We did manage to fit in a visit to the Temple as well so our two days were pretty well packed.
Because we were not home until late on Wednesday, I missed my sewing group but I got to go today. Trish, the sewing teacher and spearhead of our sewing group, insisted that she take a picture of the one thousandth bag I’d sewn, so here’s that pic:


Of course I’m still sewing and adding more bags to the effort to make the peninsula plastic-free but when school is out for the next break I will hand in my sewing machine and be finished. I have about 4 more weeks. It will be sad to say good-bye to all the sweet friends and fellow seamstresses I’ve met at the school. 

Kia Ora, Elder and Sister O’Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment