Saturday, May 13, 2017

Yesterday we drove out to Cook's Beach to give the Higgin's family some pointers on using familysearch.org. They fixed us some lunch and I hope I got them to where they're feeling comfortable finding ancestors on the site. On our way home, we saw this beautiful stand of trees exhibiting our opposite season here. How can it be fall in May??

And along the beach, they've installed this little gem.


I'm sure you're all excited to come visit so you can get your picture taken behind it.
And, lastly, when we first moved here, I was loaned a sewing machine to use which has come in sooo handy for mending jobs. But yesterday we finally got the screen prints so I could begin a city service project using the sewing machine: Cloth grocery bags to replace plastic ones in the stores. We use fabric and other clothing donated to the 2nd hand stores in town. Young kids at the school have begun doing the screen printing on the pockets since Monday. It took about 2 months to get the screens back from Australia to carry the "Boomerang Bag" logo along with the city name. I think they're way too cute so people will probably just take them and not bring them back but what do I know?



This will be once-a-week project and I love it. It also gives Elder O'Neal a chance to go help a brother in town with a very messy garage.  Kia Ora, Elder and Sister O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment