Friday, March 10, 2017

100 Year Rain Event

Yesterday it rained, and rained, and rained and today its still raining. I knew its supposed to be a rainy place so I didn't think much of it. Until the Mission President sent out a calling tree to tell everyone to stay indoors. I guess there's been a bunch of flooding between here and Hamilton and between Hamilton and Thames. Good thing we came home the day before! Here's something interesting that happens when it rains:


There are so many rivers that empty into the bay and so much dirt that gets stirred up that it turns the ocean brown! All the wind had also made the waves higher so it was a very angry looking ocean. The news people said the amount of rain we got in an hour period was a 100 year event. It was an adventure and we still went out to visit people here in town and went to the store looking for white fabric. Which is another story. We have a baptism coming up for two little girls, Mandy and Emma (9& 10) but the branch has no baptism clothes. We were told to go to the distribution center by the temple but they don't have any either. They have to be ordered and that can take 6 weeks to2 months. Not good since the baptism is next week. So I figured I could sew something. However the store that has fabric has no patterns so we decided to try the 2nd hand stores or Op Shops. We finally found a woman's tie-around skirt and two blouses so I had to cut them all down and yesterday was a sewing day. Here's the finished products:




I still need to find something for one more skirt and since the blouses are a little see-through I need some little girl's undershirts. Thank heaven I have the use of a sewing machine. It's already been a great blessing! Kia Ora, Elder and Sister O'Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment